Backup and Disaster Recovery
Don’t leave the survival of your business to chance
Disasters, whether in the form of natural causes or more often man-made errors, can compromise your critical business data and force your company to close its doors for good. Why risk losing everything you’ve worked so hard to build, when you can turn to SSIT's Data Backup and Recovery solutions to protect your company’s most valuable asset?
Backup and Disaster recovery solutions from SSIT employ the most up-to-date backup technology to secure your information, which gives you the reassurance that your data backups are safe and restorable on demand.
Best-in-class backup solutions
Experience total peace of mind when you let SSIT manage your backups. We employ the latest technology to perform completely dependable data backup and recovery. We even make a backup of your backups for maximum protection! Your most valuable assets will be safely transferred to our offsite data center, restorable at a moment’s notice.
Our Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions offer:
- Data Redundancy - reduce downtime when a server fails
- Fast Recovery - get back to business quickly if a disaster should hit
- Offsite Storage - secure remote backup storage
- Seeding & Bandwidth Throttling - full-speed back up without slowing your Internet
- All-Inclusive Agents - backup solutions that integrate with your systems and software
- Extensive Reporting - detailed backup history report
- Inclusive Updates - stay up-to-date on the latest hardware and software
Through our partnership with industry leaders, we can equip you with reliable disaster recovery services for an all-inclusive fee, so you don’t have to worry about hidden costs affecting your IT budget. With SSIT's Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions, you can supercharge your business and never look back.
Secure your company’s data and future
Imagine coming into your office one day only to find your precious data destroyed overnight by a flood. You simply can’t afford to leave your business unprotected and vulnerable to disasters. Having an effective business continuity plan that is ready at a moment’s notice will ensure the continued existence of your company in the event of a disaster.
Business Continuity Planning services from SSIT include:
- Consistent operation and recovery preparation - get your business back on its feet, fast
- Backup and data restoration - maximum data protection with our hosted offsite storage
SSIT analyses the risks and works with you to develop preventative security precautions to protect your business against lost revenue and reputation damage.
How we used to do it?
- Backups happen daily after hours to the internal hard drive on another dedicated computer on the network.
- When we need to recover a certain file or folder, they can be restored from latest backup
- It’s an Image Based Backup which allows us to do a bare metal restore in case the operating system issue
- This is your first level of protection.
Local Backup + Manual Offsite (managed by client)
- You need 2 USB portable hard drives for this. The backup computer then has one USB hard drive plugged in to it all times. There is a second one kept at an alternative premises offsite. Backup Software copies the latest backup to the USB hard drive, automatically deleting the old backups on the drive.
- There is no monthly fee for this option.
- You do need to swap the USB hard drive daily.
- This is your second level of protection
Offsite Backup to Cloud
- You computers / server(s) back up automatically to the Cloud after hours. This allows recovery of files & folders only in case of a total disaster.
- Unlimited Data
- It does take time to download the data from the internet depending on your internet speed
- This solution does not allow us to do a bare metal restore
Please note that in case of a Cryptolocker or a ransomware attack, there is a chance that the solutions above may or may not work if the backups also get encrypted. Therefore we do it differently these days:
How we do it now
Datto is the industry leading provider of a robust DR (Disaster Recovery) and Business Continuity Solution. This is suitable for businesses who have high dependence on their IT and need a solution that allows them to continue to operate while their server is being fixed. Options available:
Cloud Virtualization (Alto 2) ($199 per month)
- This allows mounting of your server remotely in a Virtual Environment in the Cloud (in case of a total disaster).
- Performance of the server will depend on your Internet Connection Speed
- Total Data Size cannot be more than 2TB for this option
Local + Cloud Virtualization (Siris)
- This allows mounting of your server remotely in a Virtual Environment Locally OR in the Cloud (in case of a total disaster).
- Since the temporary server is virtualized on the local network, performance is very good
- Price depends on your data size.
- Main benefit is that Recovery takes minutes rather than hours.
- Even in the case of Virus, Cryptolocker or Ransomware attack, you can rely on this solution to work
- Suitable for business with a very high reliance on IT and just cannot afford any down time.
Protect your business against disasters and disruptions.